Aloo Cake with Gobi Sauce and Chilli Jam
Ingredients for Gobi Sauce
- 2 Tbsps Oil
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup sliced Onions
- 400 Gms Chopped Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Star Anise
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the Aloo Cake
- 2 Potatoes sliced
- 1/2 Deseded, Roasted and Peeled each red, yellow and green Capsicum
- 3 Tbsps Cheese
- 3 Tbsps Cream with Salt and Pepper
- Hot Water
Ingredients for the Chilli Jam
- 1 sliced each red yellow and green capsicum
- 1 cup apple vinegar/ regular vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Parsely/coriander to garnish
To make Gobi Sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Fry till onion is soft. Add cauliflower and stock and cook till stock reduces.
- Add milk, star anise, salt and pepper and cook for 2 mins.
- When cauliflower is soft put the mixture in a mixi and grind till a smooth paste is formed.
- Keep aside.
To make Aloo Cake
- Cook Potato slices in boiling water and salt till soft.
- Take a greased mould and layer the potato slices with the red yellow and green capsicum adding cheese and cream in between the alters.
- Top with some more cheese and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 15 to 20 mins.
To make Chilli Jam
- Cook the capsicum with vinegar and honey till it gets a jam like consistency.
- Serve aalu cake with gobhi sauce and garnish with chilli jam and parsely/coriander leaves.