INGREDIENTS TO COOK CARROT CAKE
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (odourless)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1.5 cups peeled, shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup coasely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
HOW TO MAKE TASTY CARROT CAKE
- In a medium bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients like flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or whisk(manually), the eggs, sugar, oil and milk well.
- Add the flour mix to the liquid egg mixture and combine.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts gently.
- Pour the cake batter into a gresed and floured baking tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, slice and serve with a hot cup of tea.
- You can also use a cheese frosting for the cake.