How to Cook or Prepare tasty Kanda Poha
Maharashtrians would feel lost without poha! Beaten rice flakes tossed with the traditional tempering of mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves, this is served aesthetically with tiny wedges of lemon. If you are in a rush, you can just grab a readily available parcel of poha and have it later in the comfort of your office. Extremely simple to make with subtle flavors from the spices. Its soft, chewy and filling. There are many preparations and recipes for Poha, or flattened rice.
In this recipe poha is washed gently and fluffed up to make a soft and savory dish known as Kanda Poha. It is a quick breakfast idea or perfect tea time snack.
Simple Recipes Ingredients for Kanda Poha
- 2 cups Thick Poha (flaked rice)
- 1 chopped onion ( ignore if for Jain Poha )
- 1 Chopped potato
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 pinch hing
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Mustered seeds
- Coriander for garnishing
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp suga
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
Simple Recipes Cooking Method : How to make tasty Kanda Poha ?
- Wash poha and drain water completely and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan add Mustered seeds, hing, green chillies,onion and turmeric powder cook for 5-minutes. Now add the ginger garlic paste and cubed potatoes and fry until the potatoes are cooked well for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar.
- Add poha and mix well, last add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Voila , you have a ready to eat Breakfast !!! You can spice it up with some Red Chilli Ketchup.