Bhindi Bhaji with ParathaBhindi ki Sabji(भिंडी की सब्जी) is an Indian Dish also known as Lady Finger(okra). Its cooked in various styles in various part of nation. This recipe is the simplest form which can be cooked in 10 mins once washed and cut.It is called as Okra Stir Fry also.
Serves for Ladyfinger RecipeFour (4)
- 400 grams of Bhindi (washed and then cut in fine pieces)
- 1 piece of Green Chilli
- 3 tablespoon of Fat free Refined Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida Powder(Hing)
- 1/4 tablespoon Ajwain Powder( Bishop's weed)
- 1/2 tablespoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon Dhaniya Powder (Dry Coriander powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Amchur Powder (Dry Mango powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt ( or as per taste)
How to make Bhindi ki Sabji / Bhaji
- Take a frying pan or kadai and put oil
- Once heated , add pinch of Hing
- Now add Ajwain and Haldi in quick succession and add Bhindi (Lady finger). Do it quickly to avoid burning of masalas. You will here the crackling voice once you add the Ajwain and Haldi.
- Now add Salt and close it with a lid
- After 7-8 mins , Bhindi is cooked. Now add Dhaniya powder, Amchur powder and Chilli powder and mix it and cook it for another 2-3 mins.
- Your bhindi is ready to serve.
- You can serve it with Hot Parathas / Roti's
P.S : Fry the Bhindi/Ladyfinger when you want to eat it as it tastes good when hot.