CHOLE BHATURE RECIPE
Chole bhature (Hindi: छोले भटूरे), is a combination of chole (spicy chick peas) and fried bread called bhatoora (made of maida flour). It is also called Chola poori since the bhatoora resembles a poori.
Ingredients for Chole for Chole Bhature in Hindi
- 200 grams White Kabuli Chana
- 2 tablespoon Chana Masala (Make: Everest or Badshaah)
- 1/4 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 tablespoon Lal Mirch (Chilli Powder)
- 1/4 tablespoon Dhaniya Powder
- Salt (as per taste, usually 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 piece Onion ( Not applicable for Jain Chole )
- 4 piece smashed Tomato ( Can also use Tomato Puree)
- 2 piece Green Chilli
- 1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup (to get a bit of sweetness)
- 2 tablespoon Ghee, White butter or Sunflower Oil (Cooks better in Butter)
- 1 small piece if Ginger/Adarak (can also use ginger paste)
- 1/2 cup cut Coriander (for Garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon Cream
Ingredients For Bhature for Chole Bhature Recipe
- 400 grams Maida Flour
- 2 tablespoon Upma Rava (to be mixed in Maida Flour)
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 100 ml Soda Water
- Sunflower Oil or any Fat-free Refined Oil (Bhature to be fried in this)
How To Make Chole Bhature Recipe Preparation Method
- Chana or Chole to be soaked in warm water for 4 hours before cooking it. Alternatively you can also put it in a pressure cooker for 1/2 an hour to soften it. Don't forget to put some salt and water when you soften it in pressure cooker.
- Take a frying pan , put 2 tablespoon butter/ghee , add some cut onion pieces/onion paste (not required for Jain Chole).
- Now add 1/4 tablespoon Ginger paste
- Add some Tomato puree / Mashed Tomato
- Now add cut Green Chilli and Tomato Ketchup along with cream
- Make paste like thing and add Garam Masala, Lal Mirch, Dhaniya Powder, Chana Masala one after other.
- Turn the softened Chana into the Frying Pan. Make sure to add some water if there is less water in Pressure cooker.
- Now let it cook for 10 mins
- Your Chole is ready to serve now
- Garnish it with Tomato, Chilli and Coriander
Bhature Recipe : How to Prepare Bhature for Chole Bhature Recipe
- Mix Upma , Maida and 1.2 tablespoon Salt in a big oval shape bowl
- Add 100 ml Soda Water
- Add small amounts of water and knead into a firm dough. Be careful here and do not add much water
- Now keep the dough in a wet cloth and close it in a Box for 10-15 mins so that it softens
- Take a Kadai (deep cooking pot) and put some oil and let it heat up
- Take small loaf of the dough and roll it up in round circles and deep fry in Hot oil till its light brown from both sides.You will have to press a bit in the middle for the Bhature to puff up and also keep turning it.
Thanks for going through our Chole Bhature Recipe . Share your cooking experiences.