Gajar ka Halwa RecipeGajar Ka Halwa (Hindi : गाजर का हलवा ) (sometimes known as Gajrela, Carrot Halwa or gajar ka gajerela) is a sweet dessert pudding. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios.Because of its low fat content, vegetarian characteristics, ease of making, medium shelf-life and taste Recipe of Gajar Ka Halwa which is a popular dessert all over India is given below . Cook often and serve at festivals to your dear ones.
Serves for Gajar ka Halwa
Four to Six (4 to 6)
Gajar ka Halwa in Hindi - Ingredients
- 1 kg Red Carrot (Gajar)
- 250 ml Milk
- 150 grams Mawa / Khoya ( Dried Whole milk )
- 150 grams Sugar ( or as per taste )
- 8-10 pieces Cashewnuts ( Kaju )
- 20-25 pieces of Kishmish ( Dried Raisin or Dried Grape )
- 1/4 tablespoon Cardamon powder (Elaichi powder)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
Gajar ka Halwa Recipe with Condensed Milk Preparation Method
- Wash and scrub the Carrot nicely. Cut both the ends and then shred it using a medium sized grater attachment.
- Take a Kadai (Deep Frying Pan) and add Milk and shredded Carrot into it and mix it. Cook it for 15-20 mins till Carrot softens.
- Now add sugar and stir well.
- Let sugar dry up completely. No water should be left in the Pan. This will take another 10-15 mins.
- You will notice a change in the color of carrot.
- Add Khoya into the Pan and mix it well. Cook this mixture for 7-8 mins. Let it dry while stirring.
- Once completely dry , add Ghee and Elaichi powder and mix it for 2-3 mins
- Garnish it with Cashewnuts and Kishmish.
- You are now ready to serve the Gajar ka Halwa to your guests, family or your Valentine.
Note : You can also add Milkmaid instead of Khoya, but do not add Sugar in that case.
Leave a comment to share your experiences cooking delicious Gajar ka Halwa